The SFOS Proposals office is committed to helping you submit the most professional proposals possible. We provide assistance in all phases of proposal preparation.
All proposals and pre-proposals from all SFOS staff, faculty and administration have to be reviewed by SFOS proposal technicians prior to having the cover pages and routing forms signed by the PIs and directors, associate dean, Office of Sponsored Programs, and prior to submission to agency.
SFOS Principal Investigator (PI) Proposal Submission Guidelines
The following proposal items should be submitted to the SFOS Proposal Department to begin the proposal process.
- Inform the proposal office of your intent to submit to a call and tell us if this is a new, revised, continuation, or pre-proposal, subcontract, etc.
- Inform the proposal office of the deadlines and provide a copy of the RFP or URL with submission
guidelines (If you do not have an RFP or URL, please submit explanation why it is not necessary)
The following materials should follow in a timely manner:
- Proposal Title
- Project Period of Performance (Start and End Dates)
- Proposal Text (electronic version via e-mail)
- Proposed Budget with Budget Justification
- Subaward or Consultant Statement of Work, Timeline, Budget and Budget Justification,
and OSP Subrecipient form (http://www.uaf.edu/osp/forms/osp-007.pdf)
In order to assure your proposal will be submitted in time to meet an agency's deadline, you should submit all proposal materials at least 1 week prior to the date it is due to the funding agency.
- The SFOS Proposal Department will need at least one working week (5 days) to format your proposal, review, edit, prepare required forms, and deliver to the UAF Office of Sponsored Programs for final review and signatures.
- The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) requires several days to process a typical proposal.
- Occasionally, proposals require hard copy submission. When SFOS receives the approved proposal from OSP, we will need a minimum of two (2) days shipping time to any lower 48 address.
The UAF Office of Sponsored Programs contains links to funding searches, forms, policies, helpful information, negotiated rates and explains the role the UAF proposal office when submitting proposals to agencies