The School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences is composed of the following major divisions:
- Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center, Kodiak. Co-Directors: Paula Cullenberg & Keith Criddle
- Fisheries Division, Juneau and Fairbanks. Director: Keith Criddle
- Institute of Marine Science, Fairbanks. Interim Director: Rolf Gradinger
- Marine Advisory Program, Anchorage (with agents in twelve coastal communities). Leader: Paula Cullenberg
- Alaska Sea Grant, Fairbanks. Director: Paula Cullenberg
- Global Undersea Research Unit, Fairbanks
- Seward Marine Center, Seward. Director: Dan Oliver
Other administrative members include:
- Dean Mike Castellini
- Associate Dean Rolf Gradinger
- Executive Officer – Jennifer Harris
- Graduate Fisheries Coodinator – Milo Adkison
- Undergraduate Fisheries Coodinator – Trent Sutton
The SFOS directors at the January 2008 Executive Retreat in Fairbanks.
From left to right: Murat Balaban, Fishery Industrial Technology Center; Terry Whitledge, Institute of Marine Science; Paula Cullenberg, Marine Advisory Program; Brian Allee (previously director of Alaska Sea Grant); Mike Castellini, Associate Dean; Denis Wiesenburg, Dean; Dan Oliver, Seward Marine Center; David Christie, Alaska Sea Grant Director, Global Undersea Research Center/West Coast & Polar Regions Undersea Research Center; Katrin Iken, Graduate Programs; Bill Smoker, Fisheries Division. Photo by Carin Bailey Stephens.